Sunday, January 4, 2009

Big ol' Brush Fire

On New Year's Day, Brad burned the big brush pile that was left from clearing the building site for our house. My Dad and our neighbor Jarrod were on hand to help him out. I'll admit, I was more than a little nervous at first......this was a HUGE pile of brush, at least as tall as our house, but it worked out just fine. These pictures really don't give you a good idea of how BIG this fire got. I took these pictures from inside our living room, which was probably 150 yards or more from the fire.

I tried to zoom in here....

This was without the zoom, across our backyard and into the woods. Can you see the small orange spot in the middle of our woods?


So, while Brad, my Dad and Jarrod manned the fire, my Mom, Emma and I, took down the Christmas tree, finished moving all of Emma's things into her big girl room, and started getting the nursery back into baby mode.
What a way to ring in the new year, huh? It was a successful day all around though, as we got to check more things off our "to do" lists. The brush pile is no more, Emma is all settled, and the nursery is nearly ready for baby Jones.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

It looks like a big fire!! Justin would think it was fun!! I would be a little nervous like you were!!