Hi all! I know it's been way too long since I've updated our pictures on here. Let's just say I've had some technical difficulties. :) I'm planning on getting some new photos up soon - I actually just tried to get some on here, and it didn't go well - so please check back, and hopefully I'll have something new to show you soon. In the meantime, we are still loving our life in the woods.....Ashlyn turned one in February, Emma turned four in May, we've had family up to visit and have traveled to make visits ourselves, Brad built the girls a swing set and has been doing some turkey hunting, the Triliums are in full bloom in the woods and everything is amazingly green - I love the change of seasons!!
Time is flying by faster than ever, and I just wanted to touch base with everyone, and let you know we love you all. This week has been a sad one for me, with the sudden death of one of the "kids" from my neighborhood......the visitation and funeral were yesterday.....it was amazing, to have a lot of our old gang gathered in one place again - it had been YEARS since we'd all been together......we had grown up as a big neighborhood family, where you could walk into nearly anyone's home without knocking, and expect to have a place set at the table for you......the amazing part was that even though we rarely talk or see each other, the LOVE was there, as strong as ever. The parents and"kids" - many of whom are now parents as well- all gathered together to cry, hug, and support one of our families as they grieved the loss of their son/brother. I really don't have the words to express my feelings completely......but I AM BLESSED. It was another reminder of how short this life is, how my life has been molded by the love of so many people along the way, and how I don't want to regret not telling people how special they are to me, because I'm afraid of being "too sappy". So, even though we may not be able to see each other or talk as often I'd like, please know that the love that we share as family and friends does not fade......I experienced that first hand yesterday. I am thankful for each of you and the part you have played in my life.
Lisa
1 comment:
Sorry for your loss sweetie! Love you too!! And miss you even more!
Post a Comment