Wednesday, May 21, 2008

High Ropes Course - Swinging from the Trees!!!



Sisters high in the red pines!!!!

I had climbed the cargo net and made it across my first wire!!! Linds was my coach in the air.

Here I am walking across one of the wire obstacles on the way to "the jump" where Mimi is waiting to cheer me on. The platforms at the jump are only about 3 feet apart, but it looks much farther when you are 25 feet up in a tree. Beyond the jump is the wobbly step bridge.


Another wire to get across.



The zip line at the end.....wheeeeeeee!!


My sister Lindsey works at Clear Lake Science Camp, a camp run by the Forest Service for middle school kids from April-June. She is the Assistant Program Director and a certified high ropes course instructor. Since she started working there 4 years ago, I've wanted to try the high ropes - today I got my chance!!! It was a ton of fun, despite the steady drizzle and cold temperatures. (I seriously saw some snowflakes) What a rush being up so high!!! I was able to meet some of the staff and help one group of kids conquer the course. Linds does a great job with the kids and is so comfortable up on the wires! Thanks again Linds!!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

YOU are a crazy girl!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT THINK I COULD DO IT!!! Looks like you had fun with your sister! Talk to you soon. Love and miss you!