Here are some pictures from the past week. We got some work done around the house - two concrete slabs poured - and found some time for a little fishing. We are so thankful to be able to take time to "play" together this year.
Brad and my dad, hard at work. They made a great masonry team.
Brad.....trying to keep the paparazzi away.
I love the spring colors! We were on our way up to the lake, and the ride was just beautiful.....even in rush hour traffic. :)
Brad caught a few small mouth bass, pike, and one large mouth, while I caught some decent bluegill. It was fun to fish together.
Back to work. Emma was Daddy's helper. Do you see the resemblance? I even helped a little on this concrete pour. During this last pour, I had Emma on my shoulders watching Brad mix the concrete.....I walked into the backyard to see how our newly planted grass seed was doing.....as I'm looking at the ground, I hear Emma say, "Bear Momma." I look up and see a momma bear and two cubs in the woods just beyond our house!!!!! I ran for the camera and got Brad, but I didn't get back fast enough to get a photo. It was amazing to see them so close!
2 comments:
Like father like daughter...too cute. Looks like you are making progress around the house! Now if you can keep the bears away :)...Seriously didnt that freak you out??? Hallie was amazed that you saw bears! Hope all is well. Love and miss you much!
It looks like you had so much fun. Sometimes it is not bad working around the house when you can be together as a family. We want to get up and visit sometime this summer if it works out. I don't know if I want to see bears. Wasn't that scary?? I think I would run inside not get my camera. Love you guys and miss you tons...Melissa
Post a Comment