Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Nothing Too Exciting......

We're just hanging around. :) Brad is still working on the basement, and all of us are enjoying the spring weather heading our way. I love how 40-50 degree temperatures in the spring time feel so warm, and everyone is so excited to be outside. The changing seasons are awesome!
Emma, our expert climber.

Last week, the Lord took my childhood friend and role model, Shana, home to heaven. She was a 35 year old- mother, wife, daughter, sister, aunt, friend, physician....... and all around wonderful person. Praying for her and cheering her on during her 3+ year battle with cancer has taught me so many things. Life is a gift. Each day is a gift. Each breath is a GIFT, with no guarantees. I was able to go to Traverse City to attend the celebration of Shana's life with my parents. It was an incredibly sad, and wonderful day, and I am so thankful I was able to be there. The link below is to a song that was played at Shana's funeral service, at her request. It says a lot about who she is/was and how she faced her struggles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qG1ThtgguE I ended my quick trip to Traverse City by meeting my friends' brand new baby boy, Carson, and seeing their home for the first time! It was great to see Trish, Trev, Lauren, Camden, and Carson - if only for an hour. Thanks Tkach family for letting us drop in and change our clothes, and thanks Mom and Dad for inviting me to make the trip with you. I thank God for each of you, and for making this gift of life so amazing!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

It was SO great to see you! Next time it will be for longer and on happier terms! Miss you girl! XOXO